Monday, July 11, 2016

StitchFix #twooooooooooo!

I got my second StitchFix box this weekend!  (I get them once a month.)  I asked this month for my box to focus on colorful shirts because my casual everyday closet is basically full of navy, gray, black, and white right now.  I have some fun ones for Sunday, but I prefer more t-shirty tops during the week.  

Anyway.

From what I've heard, they typically send four items of clothing and one accessory, but I got five shirts in my box!  Whaaaaaat!  Going through each piece before trying them on, I was a little nervous because four of the five were clinger knits than are typically good for me, but also really impressed with what my stylist sent after listening to my feedback / needs.  Here's what I got!

I forgot to take a picture of this one before returning it, so here's a teeny picture from the app. :)
Loved the color, loved the lace inserts in the sleeves.  The lace was see-through, so I'd have had to sew in a lining or wear an undershirt with it, and it was just too expensive for a shirt I'd have to alter.  
Verdict: Returned

#2:

I forgot to take a picture of this one and then couldn't find it anywhere online!  But this top is similar.  I liked it, it fit well, and I loved that it had a v-neck that wasn't low enough to need a tank top.  However, it just wasn't special enough to warrant the price.
Verdict: Returned

#3:

I've been afraid of horizontal stripes and told my StitchFix stylist so.  But, she sent this one, I tried it on, and loved it!  It's so comfy, needs no adjusting or undershirt, and I love how it looks!  If it didn't have the brighter neckband, I would've sent it back, but I like the balance.  Love how the sleeves are different than the middle, too.  When I showed Joel, he said, "That looks like you.  Like, it reminds me of you."  
Verdict: Kept!

#4:

Like the color and lace detail on the back.  I typically like a little more detail on the front of what I wear, but I still liked this one a lot and Joel loved it.
Verdict: Kept!

And #5:

This shirt was a little hard to photograph without it looking bland or super boxy, but this is basically it. :)  Love!  This is probably my favorite one from the box.  As soon as I put it on, I knew I wanted to keep it.  Love the fit, style, and that it's a woven instead of a knit.
Verdict: Kept!


There you have it!  Box #2!  I don't intend to fill my whole closet with StitchFix items because they are pretty expensive.  I'll probably only get a couple more boxes.  When I tell people I'm using StitchFix, I always make sure to tell them this is a fun thing that I saved my allowance money to try.  It's definitely not for someone who's looking for a deal, but it's great for someone who's looking for help in figuring out clothes.  AKA, me. Haha :)  But for how I've used it, I really love it!  If you want to try it out, please use my referral link!




___________________________________________

All her life, Sophie had been taught that books are precious.  Each one holds people and worlds.  Each one is a piece of someone's heart and mind that they chose to share.  They were shared dreams.
The Girl Who Could Not Dream

0 comments:

Post a Comment