Wednesday, July 10, 2013

stop, dog, stop!


I was bitten by a dog.

This picture was taken the day of the event.
On later days, it was much nastier and yellower.
Broke the skin in two places and left all those bumps and bruises - 
THROUGH A HOODIE!
A heavy jacket!
It hurt sooooo bad.
I thought I was bleeding like crazy inside that jacket.  Thank goodness I was wearing it.

Oh yeah - 
it's two months later
and I have a scar.


Ask me again why I don't want a dog.








P.S.
1. I like dogs.  For some reason, that's a common misconception.  It's not that I don't like dogs - I just don't like that, after touching dogs, I feel dirty.  Dirty enough that I'd rather not touch them because I don't feel like washing my hands all the time.  
2. I'm also not afraid of dogs.  Joel didn't even know the bite happened until later because I just roooollllllled with the punches.
3. The reason I don't want a dog is because of cleanliness and babysitting issues, not because of biting or behavioral issues. :)




___________________________________________

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."  - C.S. Lewis

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Seriously. Dogs make everything smell like ... dogs. Except Louie. I'd get a Louie.

Post a Comment