Sunday, February 5, 2012

All Rhodes lead to Rome.



We're going to a family's house for dinner tonight, and I'd been meaning to make rolls for a while anyway, plus one of our friends who moved recently left us with a whole bag of Rhodes rolls, so I thought I'd give them a shot.  

I'm not sure they worked.
They were supposed to double in size, but they're small enough I could enclose one in my hand.  I think so, anyway.  Right now they're burning lava hot so I haven't actually tried.  How is it that I can make homemade rolls excellently well but can't manage the frozen variety?  

Oh well.  Who said Greek chicken wasn't good with mini baby-sized dumpling rolls? :)

P.S. Yes, I know that Greece and Rome aren't the same place, but we're having Greek chicken for dinner, not Roman chicken, and have you ever heard anyone say that all roads lead to Greece?  Me, neither. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Maybe they were old??? How long did you let them rise? They take HOURS to get the size of a normal roll. Literally hours. They will taste terrific!!

Kathleen said...

mini dumpling rolls are my favorite.

Post a Comment