Friday, August 22, 2014

I must be in California.

("West Coast Friendship," by Owl City)

We went to California!  It was my first time ever being there and was so fun!  We went with some friends who had a conference going on and were only there for a couple days, but Joel and I both loved it and want to go back sometime.  

The first day there was a hiccup with the rental car, so we hung out around the hotel.  Going for walks, swimming in the hotel, taking naps, eating microwave burritos, finding out my Smiths card worked in California... it was awesome. :)

Day 2 featured Olvera Street, the California Science Center, and deeeelicious tacos with jamaica (horchata for Joel).




And the star of Day 3 was the beach!  We only got to be there for a couple hours, but we loved it.  I did some research as to which beach in the Los Angeles area would be clean and not too busy, and Seal Beach was everything people online promised.  California beaches are also different from the ones I'm used to, so that was interesting.  I'd never seen a lifeguard hut on a beach before. :)




See you later, LA!  We'd like to come back and visit again sometime. :)





___________________________________________

"I'm nearly done, I'm just waiting for the rest of your underpants to come out of the wash, Ron -"
Ron's splutter was interrupted by the opening of a door on the first-floor landing.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

0 comments:

Post a Comment