Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blog Topic #4: Stress

What's stressing you out? What techniques do you do to reduce your stress levels? Are those techniques working for you?


Stressors in my life:
homework.  grocery shopping.  deciding when to do laundry.  keeping my house clean.  finding time for things like exercising.  that's all I can think of right now.


Techniques to reduce stress:
go for a walk to get the mail or take out the trash.  take a break and read for a minute or something.  take a nap.  read my scriptures.  I like doing yoga-lates/piloga to help reduce stress, but I don't always have time for it.  make food... which then adds to the stress of dirty dishes...  doing the work I'm stressed about helps if I do it with a calm attitude.  telling myself to relax.


Do they work?
Sometimes.  Going for a walk helps.  Sleep helps.  Taking a break helps during the moment but might make me more stressed later.  Same with baking.  I like to read my scriptures or the Ensign because it helps a lot.  Yogalates/piloga definitely helps if I can get myself to not think about my stressors.  Probably the biggest thing that helps is just getting the work done, whatever it is, because then it's done and I don't have to worry or think about it anymore.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment