Saturday, March 26, 2011

No-Bake Cookies


(recipe from allrecipes.com)
1 3/4 c. white sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
4 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
3 c. quick-cooking oats
1 tsp vanilla

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil... Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened. 


We made these yesterday. Yum.  I'm glad no one seems to have ruined no-bake cookies with some kind of weird fruit (quick about me: I don't like it when people ruin perfectly good treats with fruit.) but I realized while I was eating a cookie tonight that if you were to ruin a delicious no-bake cookie with fruit, using orange extract might not be so bad.  Kind of like one of these:









And I suppose maybe, just maybe, raspberry may also be acceptable.  Not preferred, but acceptable.

But really, let's just leave them the way they should be - chocolate and peanut butter.  And thank you for leaving them that way thus far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment