Saturday, January 19, 2013

"All children, except one, grow up."


Joel got me this beautiful leather-bound copy of Peter Pan for Christmas, and I love it.  The copy, but also the story.  I learned the "true" story when I was younger and my dad read it to us at bedtime.  I loved it then, and I love it now.  If you've never read it, you should check it out.  J.M. Barrie's writing style is fantastical in a way that seems like it should be real.  It reminds me of other fairytale recorders / writers, like Hans Christian Andersen or Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.  



---

John's [Neverland], for instance, had a lagoon with flamingoes flying over it..., while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I've already added it to my library list!

Allison said...

I love Peter Pan! I grew up watching the Disney movie and pretty much every other movie revolving around Peter Pan. I finally read the book two years ago and it's one of my favorites!

Annegirl said...

LOVE this book. It cracks me up. So delightful.

Alison said...

Kelsey, you will LOVE it! It's so good!

Post a Comment