Wednesday, February 20, 2013

jobs (other than my own) that I would love: part 2

here
A tutor, particularly in Spanish or Math (or Self-Esteem - that would be fun:).  These are my two favorite subjects (as far as tutoring goes), and although I love teaching, there's something about giving one-on-one help that's different and special.  Also, the grammar-based style of teaching Spanish is getting older and being phased out a little, but I really enjoy tutoring students who have learned by that style because I love grammar (and teaching it).  I am fascinated with the nuances of speech, grammar, accents, and pronunciation.  Anyway - I could go on but I won't.  Job #2 = tutor (but hopefully we both would look happier and the kid would have a better haircut).





___________________________________________

"The difference between [Peter] and the other boys at such a time was that they knew it was make-believe, while to him make-believe and true were exactly the same thing."  - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

0 comments:

Post a Comment