Wednesday, April 28, 2010

work

Well, I'm sitting here at work, not doing much.  I feel kind of bad because I feel like I'm wasting the University's money - I'm just reading recipes and stuff.  Not so connected to my job.  BUT at the same time, I don't feel awful because I told my boss a little bit ago that I was done with my work and needed a project to do.  So I'm doing my best to do work, and my boss knows that I'm not currently doing it... but still.

However, in this down time, I found a delicious recipe that I believe I will be trying SOON.  Homemade pop tarts.  But you don't only have to use them for unhealthy fillings! Turns out, Alton Brown has made something very similar on his show (called Pocket Pies) and the comments are full of ideas for different fillings!  Chocolate pudding, brown sugar filling, but also things like pizza, ground beef and potatoes, eggs and cheese, leftovers (kinda weird, but some leftovers would be good in a crust!), shredded pork, jam, fresh fruit filling, etc.  I'm thinking these would be SUPER tasty and hope to make some up soon.  I'll probably make a variety of kinds.  They seem like they'd be something that could be yummy to grab on the way out if I'm running late. Just keep them in the freezer, put a couple in the oven when I get up, and then Joel and I would both have breakfast ready. The egg kind sounds pretty good, I think.

Well, enjoy! I've spent a while reading about them and can't wait to try them.  I'll let you know how they turn out!

3 comments:

Alison said...

So, I was just reading some more comments and saw this one:
"These pies tasted pretty good, but they were a lot more trouble than they were worth. To be honest, though, I feel the same about crab."
Crab? Really? What does crab have to do with anything? Weird.

Jessica said...

I love recipe blogs and those pop tarts look yummy! Dallas would love them!

So...I've been meaning to tell you that I think that is so fun that you know Gabe. How ironic! He has such a sweet family and they might be moving into our complex this summer. I'll have to say something to him about your comment- what a small world!

larainydays said...

I heard someone talking about pop tarts. He said they are the only food that you can shingle your roof with.

Post a Comment