Friday, November 11, 2011

alisonism #14: 11-11-11

here

There is a tradition of making a wish at 11:11.
Yesterday was 11-11-11.
You may have heard - 
There was a lot of hubbub about making a wish
at 11:11 on 11-11-11.  

Time for the alisonism.

I've never really been one for making wishes.
Weird, right?
but I haven't.
I remember even when I was little,
people telling me to make a wish on my birthday candles.
I always thought it was weird.
I usually just close my eyes for a second and then say,
"Got it,"
so I don't have to explain that I don't really make wishes.
Don't get me wrong - I don't think there's anything wrong with making wishes.
You can make wishes all you want and I definitely will not think any less of you.
I just don't make them.
I don't even think it's weird when other people do it - just when I do. 

I hope for things
(I hope we have macaroni for dinner!)
and I wish some things were
(I wish it weren't so cold today)
but I don't make wishes for things I want.

Maybe I don't know how.
Every time I try making a wish, it comes out feeling more like a prayer,
which then makes me feel weird for praying a wish.

Needless to say,
I didn't make a wish at the AM or PM, 
and it didn't really bother me.

2 comments:

Mom said...

me either, sweetie!

Shannon said...

No wish? Me either, but not because I don't make wishes, just was to busy in the morning and sleeping at night. On my birthday I get so excited to blow out the candles I forget to make a wish so I do a late one, haha :)

Post a Comment