Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Anne of Green Gables

My sister used to be obsessed with this movie.  (At least that's what it felt like.)  I hated it.  I thought it was the most boring movie EVER and refused to believe the book could be good.

Recently, I discovered a website full of free in-the-public-domain audiobooks and browsed around looking for something to listen to.  One of the only books they had that I'd heard of was the Anne of Green Gables series.  I listened to it.  And I gained an appreciation.  I wouldn't ever read it - there's too much flowery description to find entertaining - and I still ended up stopping halfway through Anne's House of Dreams, but listening was good.  If you've ever tried reading a book that you hated, try listening to it!  You might find it easier to finish that way.  :)

Imagination is good.  Encourage it in people.
Let children know you trust them.
Believe them.
When they're worked up, know it's okay to wait to talk to them until later.
Half the fun is in the anticipation.
Don't talk bad about teachers to their students.
Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet.





___________________________________________

"'If there's any kindness I can show or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, then let me do it now and not deter or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.'"
Anne's House of Dreams

0 comments:

Post a Comment